It’s that time of year again! Time for the 59th annual UVCA Summer Festival! It will be Saturday, July 8, 2017, from 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM at the University View playground. We will be having our usual events: Bingo, Pot Luck dinner, Business raffle, 50/50 Raffle, Dessert Contest, and Cake Walk. In addition, there will be games, puzzles, coloring, and finger-painting available for all ages. New events this year are a pet costume contest and a scavenger hunt for 7 – 12 year old’s. Several other things are under consideration but are not firmed up yet.
There will be a Port-A-Potty available all day.
The Concession stand will be open from 1:00 P.M. – 8:45 P.M.
Hot dogs – $1.00 • Pop – $1.00 • Water – $1.00 • Cotton candy – $.50 • Sno cones – $.50
The Dessert Contest will be any type of dessert that contains FRUIT!
Cake Walk items: Cakes, Pies, Cupcakes (4 per plate), Cookies (4 – 6 per plate), Brownies (4 – 6 per plate)
The UVCA will furnish the meat for the Pot Luck: (5:00 PM – 6:30 PM) fried chicken and bratwursts. So that you can plan ahead, here are the food assignments for the Pot Luck dinner: (Bring a dish, based on your address for 6-8 people)
- Salads: 8th Ave., 9th Ave., 10th Ave.
- Potatoes/Pasta: Hess Blvd., Chambers Circle
- Desserts: 11th Ave., Gerrard Ave.
- Veggies/Beans: Rhoda Ave., Sells Ave.
- Fruit/Fruit Salad: Kenny Rd., Chambers Rd., Kinnear Rd.
UVCA Summer Festival Event Times (Estimates) 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Concession Stand & Games : 1:00 PM – 8:45 PM
- Scavenger Hunt (7-12 year olds) : 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Pet Costume Contest: 3:20 PM – 4:00 PM (Prettiest / Funniest / Ugliest)
- Pot Luck Dinner: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Local Business Gift Certificate Raffle: 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Cake Walk: 7:15 PM – 8:00 PM
- BINGO!: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- 50/50 Raffle: 8:30PM
- Clean Up: 9:00 PM
Plan to come and enjoy a day with your neighbors and the new playground equipment for the small children. If you can help with any of the events, including setting up and tearing down, please contact Bobbie Olt (614-488-6430) or Jane Margiotta (614-975-3186). We can use volunteers for 45 – 60 minute time periods. Also, if you want to buy your raffle tickets ahead of time, call Bobbie or Jane. Hope to see all of you there!