You may have heard about the recent passing of 4 long-term neighbors and the memorial tree planning the UVCA did in their honor. It made me think of all the great memories we lose with each passing neighbor. Stories about moving here years ago, starting a family, raising a family, the comings and goings of neighbors and the changes over time–decades of memories that are gradually disappearing from our collective consciousness. If you, or someone you know, has lived in the view 25 years or longer and you would be interested in sharing your memories of living in the View, please contact Tom Snyder , UVCA Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). Some talking points:
- What brought you to the View? Job? Family?
- When did you move here?
- How long have you lived here?
- Did you raise children? Grandchildren?
- What is your fondest memory of living here in the View?
- Any funny or memorable stories?
- What do you like best about living in the View?
- Any memorable events, people?
- What was it like when you first moved here?
- What changes have you seen since living here?
Your stories will be shared with neighbors online as well as in the UVCA Newsletter.